About the job:
- Manage and grow our 7-person software engineering team
- Understand each of Vigilant's products and monitor workflows for accuracy and efficiency in delivering new features
- Develop and manage strong relationships with each of our software engineers, identifying opportunities for professional growth
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to identify value adds for customers and additional opportunities for revenue
- Use regular reporting metrics to measure and celebrate success
- Facilitate weekly planning and retrospective meetings with engineers
- Hold biweekly one-on-one meetings with each engineer
- Guide the engineering team to deliver great work
- Work with CEO to align engineering and business objectives
- Collaborate with Product Manager on proposed roadmap initiatives
- Document practices that will scale as we grow
- 4+ years experience in enterprise/SaaS engineering role
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in senior engineering or engineering management
- Track record of outperforming goals
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture and design
- Experience in Data, FinTech
- Scaled an engineering team at a startup
- Expertise in Python, Django, Elasticsearch, React & Redux
Energetic. You’re undaunted by a long list of tasks.
Biased toward action. We're at a growing startup, so we react quickly and take quick steps to make priorities happen.
Empathetic listener. You pause to understand the challenges faced by others.
You’re accurate and efficient, even when faced with ambiguity.
Learning and growth rank among your top values. Same with us.