About the internship:
Vigilant is growing -- fast. We’re looking for an undergraduate or graduate student eager to apply their technical skills in a business setting. The Software Development Intern will work closely with our team of 6 developers to test and write data source queries. As is the case in startups, some challenges of the position can’t be anticipated -- you’ll help solve problems we don’t yet know exist.
- Solid Python experience
- Entrepreneurial. You want to learn how a startup operates
- Skilled in Python and familiar with web frameworks.
- Scrappy. Your instinct is to solve problems themselves before asking others for help
- Interested in the public and open data landscape.
- Bonus points if you have experience with web frameworks like Django and React
You’ll learn about:
- Real life applications of Python
- How to test data source queries
- How to write data source queries
- Products and platforms used by startup companies
- The public data landscape
NOTE: This is a great opportunity for someone to learn and gain experience, but it is not a paid position.
Hours for this position are flexible, but we hope you'll be ready to commit at least 20 hours a week to working with us. Short of that, we don't think it will be worthwhile learning experience for you.