You’re someone who loves to learn and constantly improve at what you do. We’re looking for a team member who’s excited about making public data more accessible. We hope you’re curious, tenacious, and that you want to work hard with our team on difficult, important problems.
Beyond being an awesome human who’s excited to work with us on hard problems and build useful tools for users, you are some (if not all) of these things:
- You have experience ingesting and managing a lot of data
- You love Python and are fluent with its modern stack, including AsyncIO
- You write well-optimized python code, and can write C bindings
- You’ve used Django / Flask / APIStar in commercial product deployments
- You have experience working with PostgreSQL, NoSQL (ES, MongoDB) and K-V Storages
- You're not scared (and maybe even excited!) to patch some issues in projects like Chromium
- You understand when and why to properly use micro-services
- You write tests
- You have experience with and are a fan of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- You’re confident and experienced with AWS
- You can do DevOps as needed, can configure CI/CD, and are fluent with git
Constant learning and insatiable curiosity. We organize information, and we’re always keen to know more. We’re committed to learning and growth and enjoy working with those who share that commitment.
We’re guided by a deep empathy for our customers and their needs. We think carefully about how our users - and our world - may be affected by every decision we make. We’re constantly aiming to drive improvements for our users.
We aim high. We’re taking on large, difficult problems, and are looking to build meaningful solutions and scale a substantial company that will have lasting impact. Ambition is a compliment in our book.
Relentless tenacity. We do the work. We tend to see obstacles as existing to be overcome. When we decide to do something, we work at it until it gets done.
Real humility. We know that we aren’t doing this alone. We hold ourselves accountable for our missteps, and gladly share credit for our successes. We recognize that we don’t have all the answers, or even most of them.
We draw the owl. We’re growing, and there isn’t usually a defined set of instructions for any given task. We figure it out. We work, iterate, improve. (In the interest of full disclosure, we shamelessly borrowed this notion from Twilio’s corporate values).
We have a bias towards action. If we notice an issue is affecting the business, we work to fix it immediately, even if it’s not in our wheelhouse.
We save our paperclips. We have an ownership mentality and act in the company’s best interest. We’re conscious of how our actions and behavior impact the business and the company’s bottom line. We celebrate efficient solutions.
We follow through. We do what we say. We get the job done.