About the job:
- The Account Executive will be one of Vigilant’s first sales hires, so you will be working to build sales processes from the ground up
- Research prospects in the interest stage to identify their needs and objectives
- Give product demos to prospects in need of solutions
- Negotiate terms of contracts while emphasizing product value
- Maintain clean prospect records in CRM, including details of communications, areas of customer concern, and product expectations
- Build strong relationships with individuals at prospective customer organizations
- Evangelize Vigilant’s product throughout the industry, getting people excited to talk to you and excited to learn more about Vigilant
- Become an expert in the fields of financial services compliance and/or political research
***Please Note: Commission will be offered***
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Operated within complex sales cycles in the past
- Experience selling with both remote and in-person demonstrations of technology solutions
- Crystal clear communication with every professional contact, both internal and external
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be growing company revenue, so you’ll need to take ownership and hustle.
- Task-switching comes naturally. Every job needs a multitasker, but the Account Executive must be able to turn on a dime and constantly prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success meeting and/or exceeding revenue targets
You’ll have a leg up on other candidates if you have:
- SaaS or enterprise software solutions experience
- Scaled with a sales team at a startup
- Worked with clients in media, advocacy, or financial services
- Collaborated with teams of software engineers
You’re tenacious. You believe obstacles are meant to be overcome. When you buy into something you’ll work at it until it gets done.
You’re trustworthy. People often come to you with their questions and trust your answers. You’re someone that friends naturally turn to for advice. And you, in turn, act in ways worthy of their trust.
You have a precise intuition. You can sense discomfort in others and know when and how to give them confidence.
You’re serious about staying organized. You will be handling dozens of leads and customer prospects each day. There’s no room to let people fall through the cracks, so you’ll need to stay on top of emails, phone calls and CRM records.
You’re accurate and efficient, even when faced with ambiguity. We’re a startup, so you’ll need to get the job done while also helping build structures that will scale as we grow.
You’re goals-driven. You’ll have objectives to meet each week / month / quarter, and you’re motivated to work hard to exceed them.
You’re a crystal clear communicator. You’ll be providing product details and sharing value proposition with customers, so you need to be able to communicate and articulate value clearly.
Learning and growth rank among your top values. Same with us.