We are looking for a talented and tenacious individual to join our team and work on the frontlines of our business development efforts.
As a business development representative on our team, your job is to identify leads and engage accounts in the industries we serve - principally financial services, but other sectors as well. You’re the kind of person who thrives on exceeding goals and expectations. The ideal candidate for this role is competitive, creative, organized, and most comfortable when hustling. This role is intended for someone who is eager to be a potential customer’s first point of contact with our organization, and who is always looking for ways to grow.
At Vigilant, we’re building a platform for public data access. We integrate data from thousands of public records data sources (e.g. balkanized government data like business registrations and licenses, contract data, political contribution and lobbying records and much more) and make it easily accessible and actionable for our customers – which include some of the world’s largest largest financial institutions, media organizations, and political organizations and campaigns. They rely on our platform to provide them with the information they need to know, when they need to know it.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build sales processes: Increase efficacy and efficiency as one of our first sales hires.
- Identify Leads: Research and develop new strategies for engaging potential customer accounts in the industries we serve.s.
- Meet daily, weekly, and quarterly goals: Research and generate lists of potential customer contacts, reach out to prospects, and generate leads to meet metric goals.
- Maintain diligent records: Upkeep in our CRM to prepare customer handoff and ensure we have reliable data to help guide decision making.
- Manage follow-ups: Work with the sales team to manage lead follow-ups and set meetings to secure new customers.
- A burning desire to get the job done, regardless of the obstacles
- Curious and quick (and excited) to learn new things
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be growing company revenue, so you’ll need to hit the ground running and take ownership over your work
- Comfort with contacting dozens of leads per day while maintaining accurate records
- 1-2 years experience in sales development, SaaS or enterprise software solutions experience, or applicable online research skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience