About the Position:
We’re looking for a software engineer to help us grow Vigilant and shape its future. You’ll have the chance (and be expected!) to learn and grow quickly with the rest of us. The role requires not just fastidious attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and excellent technical skills, but strategic thinking about how we move forward and strong communications skills to help us get there together.
You have experience building software that people rely on – and it’s what you love to do. You’re committed to success and care about seeing things all the way through - and iterating to improve them once they’re done.
You’re someone who loves to learn and constantly get better at what you do. We’re looking for a team member who’s excited about the incredible opportunities public data can offer. We hope you’re curious, tenacious, and that you want to join a team of folks working hard on hard, important problems. (Bonus points if you like to dip into the backend as well and have experience working in Python!)
We’re Looking For a Team Member Who:
- Has 3+ years of active software development experience.
- Carefully considers design, architecture and quality, while constantly moving the product forward.
- Has the desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional, elegant, and scalable manner, and to think strategically about how we evolve our product.
- Has experience implementing test-driven development processes.
- Can communicate effectively around the development process.
- Strong and coherent UX and design sensibilities, and ability to effectively analyze and articulate around these elements.