About the internship:
Vigilant is growing -- fast. We’re looking for an undergraduate or graduate student eager to learn the ins and outs of startup operations. The strategy and operations intern will work closely with the Chief of Staff and CEO to organize, plan, and formalize business operations. They’ll also assist in researching and recruiting candidates for key positions. As is the case in startup operations, some challenges of the position can’t be anticipated -- you’ll help solve problems we don’t yet know exist.
- Entrepreneurial. You want to learn the ropes of startup operations
- At least some administrative experience in an office or other professional setting
- Finds joy in creating order out of chaos
- Scrappy. Your instinct is to solve problems themselves before asking others for help
- A great communicator. You feel at ease sending formal emails.
You’ll learn about:
- The ins and outs of growing a startup company
- How to stay organized in a hectic setting
- How to use LinkedIn and AngelList to identify potential job candidates for key positions
- Products and platforms used by startup companies
- How to balance competing priorities
- HubSpot CRM software
- QuickBooks accounting software
- The public data landscape
NOTE: This is a great opportunity for someone to learn and gain experience, but it is not a paid position.
Hours for this position are flexible, but we hope you'll be ready to commit at least 16 hours a week to working with us. Short of that, we don't think it will be worthwhile learning experience for you.